Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesdays are Not My Fav...

...Actually, I don't think I have a favorite day.  Unless Friday after 5 counts.  How cliche. 

* I have officially been at my job a year.  Yesterday marked my anniversary.  Mary sent flowers. 

Today I am thankful for:
* Distance - One of my best friends (my "sissy") lives in NYC - and I think it's a good thing.  While, yes, I would love to have her around, there is something extremely special about our phone calls.  We never plan our conversations, they just - well, happen.  One of us drinks too much wine and calls the other, then the magic begins.  Gossiping like old women, we always pick up where we left off.  Our mothers, our weight, so-and-so's one night stand, real estate, how much to tip the maid...we cover every base, taking mutual smoke breaks and bodega runs without missing a beat.  Last night we discussed the men of Million Dollar Listing as if they were our close personal posse - "Can you believe Heather is dating him?!  What was with Josh's tie??"  - really, folks.  Solving World Hunger we are not but enjoying a lifelong friendship we are.

* Ludicrous Ideas - I think it's time to get inked again.  My mother would die and my employer would probably rather I not...eh, who cares. 

* Travel - I leave in TEN days!  Wahoo!  I cannot wait to write from an Italian cafe.  You all just wait - it will be glorious.

* Memories - I am clinging to the way a certain someone's lips curled ever-so-slightly as they smiled the last time I saw them.

* Sun - Can you beat the fact it's sunny today?!  While I've said it before, I don't mind the gray, wet PNW, I feel like dancing today.  Mostly because the sun is outtttttt.

No comments:

Post a Comment