Sunday, February 21, 2010

Family Sundays - Hair Care and Sunshine

I have been spending Sundays at Mom and Dad's for years. We often walk the 3.7 mile Fairmont Loop together, chatting about the local neighbors and other such fodder. Today we decided to do a more aerobic walk, walking the hilly neighborhood surrounding my parent's home. It was georgous out today, bright blue skies, brisk 60 degree weather. My father trudged a good 50 feet in front of my mother and I, scoffing at our turtle's pace.
We worked up a nice family sweat, finishing our walk with a trip to the local grocery store. Here we stood out like a sore thumb. Mostly filled with women in their Sunday's Finest, we were sweaty, beet red and loud. My dad called me over to the "British Food Aisle" to laugh at a can of "spotted dick pudding" (I have to agree, it's pretty funny, Dad).
We always make a nice Sunday dinner (tonight it's steak and veggie sausage on the BBQ, fingerling potatoes and spinach) and watch 60 Minutes together. We also watch This Week, although my mom is saddened by George Stephenopolis' recent departure. As I type this, my parents' eyes are glued to the TV. The Pennsylvania Governor and Arnold are on today, discussing something about economy - and the Olympics? The only comment my parents' have made since the beginning of the program?
Dad: "Arnold colors his hair".
Mom: "Of course he does".

No comments:

Post a Comment