Tuesday, February 23, 2010

6 months, 14 days

It has been exactly 6 months and two weeks since Joe and I broke up. Why do I know that?!!? I wish I didn't. I wish it was not something I think about every. Single. Day. I still get that twinge of a memory now and then - the gut wrenching, awful, cringe-worthy moment when I miss him. Movies, songs, TV shows, jokes...they all can trigger a memory of our relationship.
At last I can honestly say I have moved on. I can accept the fact he wanted out. I can deal with the fact we are no longer in each other's lives. And I am okay with these facts. I was a happy girl before Joey and I am/will be a happy girl without Joey. Hearts mend, thank God - and I will meet Mr. Right when I am supposed to. Tomorrow I will go to the gym and listen to The Clash and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment