Saturday, February 6, 2010

Age Ain't Nothin' But a Numba...


After I hung up the phone with Timmy this morning I kept thinking about one comment he had made: "Do you realize how important the next 5 years are? I mean, we will probably have spouses and kids by then".


Oh. My. God. Talk about pressure. I can't imagine being married. Let alone a mother. I can't even take care of myself. I forget to put my clothes in the dryer. I wear my socks two days in a row. I don't even know how to do my taxes.


Why is it expected for women of my age to have it all figured out? Why is it not socially acceptable for a girl to be single (and happy) at 27?


When I was a little girl I definately thought I would be married and happy by 27. I mean, 27 is old, right? I'm just not sure HOW I got old so quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment