Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Back to Life, Back to Reality...

Yesterday was my first day back in the office.  Shell-shock to say the least.  My vacation was amazing, life changing, eye opening, and pretty much perfect.  I went to Italy.  I returned.  I drove to Seattle for a rendezvous.  I returned.  "What??" you ask.  "You drove to Seattle??"...

* Flirtatious banter is my favorite.  There is something so exciting about the chase.  I am a huge sucker for butterflies and love nothing more than feeling the unmistakable twinge of a good old-fashioned crush.  Obviously, this is referring to "The Boy".  We decided to take our banter on the road and meet halfway for an evening.  So, I booked a room, shaved my legs and drove 2.5 hours.  Yes, this routine-driven planner dropped everything to be spontaneous - and I LOVED every minute of it.

Now I just need to NOT drunkenly text him stupid shiz.  I need to be more alluring.  More elusive.  More...more...more UNAVAILABLE.  I might be notorious for "dating like a guy" but I get to some point where my estrogen kicks in.  I am brazenly unemotional, unattached...until I'm not.  It's not good.  I need to lock myself in a padded room and unplug all things related to communication.  Every single one of us has made this mistake - and it's cringe worthy every single time.  The flirtatious banter I love so much takes on a wine-soaked pathetic tone and no one likes a needy sot.  I'm not saying this point has been reached yet in this particular situation - because I believe it hasn't - I am just sayin' it has happened.  Right?  Eff.  Officially beginning Operation Emotionally Back Peddle.    

1 comment: