Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jobs, Cars and Caffeine

I haven't written in a long time. Not for lack of interesting topics, just a lack of time. I travelled to L.A. to see Heather and Jefe, having the best time. Ever. The Aquarium of the Pacific is Ahhh-mazing. Check it out if you are ever down there.
I start my new job tomorrow. Five months of not working has me feeling a little short on confidence. I know I will be okay, I just feel my palms getting damp and my feet start to slip around in my shoes a bit. My tummy begins to grumble - and not in a good way. Perhaps it is my absolute, sheer terror of bridges and freeways that has me nervous. My commute consists of nothing but these horrific entities - and they are therefore unavoidable. Thank goodness I have become the recent acquirer of Shantae, my Big, Black Mama. Otherwise known as a "thrifty" purchase, my new car is an exciting rite of passage.
I have also decided I have given up promiscuity for lent. Primarily because I am in the middle of a dry spell. WTF, men of Portland?! Where are you? If I end up a dried up old prune I am blaming all of you, damn it. Honestly. I know if I don't get off my couch on a Friday night and do something social I will never meet a "nice boy". But my perpetual singlehood as me feeling a tad uneasy about socializing in public places. Such a catch-22. Sigh.
Anyway, world, wish me luck tomorrow. I am off to conquer the catering world. One banquet at a time.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment